Q&A session at Townsville's HeatWatch presentation. Pictured are Des Bolton, Mark Ogge and NQCC Campaigns Manager Tarquin Moon.Read more
Well, what a month it has been up here in North Queensland! If any friends or relatives needed convincing that climate change is happening right now (and not in a few decades' time), this month should quell any doubts for sure.
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and getting any and all support required. It has been heartwarming to witness the acts of compassion showed during this one-in-five-hundred-year event. North Queenslanders have a long history of resilience, which will serve us well as we head further into the Anthropocene.
Here at the office, we've been very fortunate to escape the floods with nothing more than a bit of mould, so rest assured our work continues (we just smell a bit more like vinegar and clove oil than we probably would like).
In this edition:
What We've Been Up To:
- JCU O-Week Market Day
- Tarquin's Visit to Cardwell
- Green Drinks
- Schools Strike for Climate
- The Australia Institute Presentation 'Heatwatch'
- Climate and Health Alliance Workshop
- Postcard Exhibition Rescheduled (Artworks still welcome!)
- Help us Raise $3,000 to save National Parks!
- Some Background Info
- New Life for Your Old Hiking Boot
- Toilet Paper Fundraiser
- Containers for Cash
- Review of Queensland’s Environmental Offsets Framework
- EcoFiesta Speakers Program