Can you help us fundraise by recycling?
There are two easy ways for you to donate your 10c refund from eligible bottles and cans to NQCC:
- Drop them off at our office, at 114 Boundary St, Railway Estate in the marked garden waste bins (please ensure lids are removed and check here to ensure your containers are eligible for a refund)
- Take them to your closest refund point and quote our ID number: C100 283 66 (This sends your refund directly to our account!)
In November 2018, after some delay (and 41 years after South Australia), Queensland introduced a Container Deposit Scheme, aimed at reducing litter and improving recycling rates.
For NQCC, this introduced itself as an opportunity to help raise community awareness around the benefits of recycling and the dangers of littering (particularly in waterways) while supplementing our fundraising activities.
Following the kind donation of some garden bins by Jenny and Peter from Garden Waste: 1800 888 635, we started our collection, spreading the word throughout our networks. In the first twelve months of the scheme's operation, NQCC raised over $1,400, thanks to the generosity of our supporters!
Welcome to the first edition of Paperbark for 2019! We hope you have entered the New Year with renewed passion and energy for all things conservation, just as we have! This month we just have a few brief notices to keep you up-to-date...
In this edition:
- Save Hinchinbrook Stall - Strand Night Market
- Help us reach 3,000 signatures!
- 'Defend Our Water' - Skill Up & Campaign Launch
- Postcard Art Exhibition - artworks due 31 January
- Containers for Change - how your recycling could help support us
- Green Drinks - it's back, baby!
- Loo Rolls - a quirky fundraiser that feels good
- Work for AYCC in Townsville
- Volunteers Wanted!