Looking after yourself during a pandemic can be challenging. The good news is, we're all in this together! If you are currently doing something that benefits your well-being that isn't on this list, get in touch at email@example.com.
- Call an old friend or relative to check in on them and have a long-overdue catch-up.
- Start a journal with your thoughts, feelings and experiences throughout this pandemic. Make sure you include things that have made you smile.
- Tend to your garden or indoor plants. Treat them like friends and watch them flourish. Not a green thumb? Costa has some tips you might appreciate here.
- Sit outside each day, even just for a few minutes. Take in the different sounds, smells and sights. Be inspired by Birdlife Australia and have a #CuppawiththeBirds.
- Arrange a gathering with some of your favourite groups of friends and chat face-to-face via Skype, Messenger, Facetime or Zoom. Why not come along to Green Drinks? It's a networking event for people who care about the environment, held on the second Friday evening of the month.
- Participate in some citizen science from your own backyard! iNaturalist Australia is a good place to start.
- Stick to a regular sleep routine. Try getting out of bed at the same time each morning and into bed at the same time each evening.
- Look for online petitions you can support and add your name to your favourite causes. Try searching at Change.org.
- Email/write to your local MP about a matter close to your heart.
- Become a member of an organisation that shares your passion for a particular issue (e.g. environment, human rights). Have you considered joining NQCC?
Have something to add to this list? Email Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please continue to take wonderful care of yourself and your community so that together we can continue to care for our environment.